1) I think it is...... literary work in which special intensity is given to the expression of feelings and ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythm; poems collectively or as a genre of literature. ( Definition from dictionary )
2) We study poetry to..... ( for boys ) write those 'chim chim' poem to impress the girls they like? ( for girls ) To spot/catch those boys who copy and paste poems they found from the internet to impress them? o.O
Poetry is literary work in which special intensity is given to the expression of feelings and ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythm; poems collectively or as a genre of literature.....:D We need to study because (for guys) we need to get the girls....<-Ms Lim
1) Poetry |ˈpōətrē; ˈpōitrē| noun literary work in which special intensity is given to the expression of feelings and ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythm; poems collectively or as a genre of literature : he is chiefly famous for his love poetry. • a quality of beauty and intensity of emotion regarded as characteristic of poems : poetry and fire are nicely balanced in the music. • something regarded as comparable to poetry in its beauty : the music department is housed in a building that is pure poetry
It is a way of communication.
It is a way of showing expression and emotion.
It is a style of writing.
2) -To improve on it. -To learn about it. -To use it. -To score on it. -To learn that way of communication.
Poetry is a way of expressing yourself through words that rhyme. It is like a story with stanzas which expresses what you feel inside. We study poetry to improve our English and help us know how to write our compositions better and to help us find better words to replace the words that everybody uses.
1. Poetry is literary work that expresses feelings and ideas by a unique style and rhythm. A short piece of imaginative writing, of a personal nature. It is an attempt to understand the world in human terms through literary composition. 2. Poetry helps children develop a sense of beauty, a deeper awareness of feelings and nature, and an appreciation for words. If you study poetry you will be able to expand your vocabulary and easily comprehend and understand complex sentences, words or metaphorical expressions
1) What's poetry? Poetry is expressing yourself through a words with a rhythm which includes feelings and thoughts. And also to allow others to understand more about you. 2)Why do we study poetry? To allow the readers to understand you better. And also to be able to understand other's poetry and feeling. And, poetry is a form of literature.
1) A poetry is a literary work in which special intensity is given to the expression of feelings and ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythms/poems collectively or as a genre of literature.(Source from Apple Dictionary) Poetry to me: Poetry is something that consist of words to express your feelings to convey your message to someone or something that is precious to you.
2) Studying poetry can help you to express your feelings better, through letters or emails. It is also a way if you cannot express yourself well when talking face to face.
Poetry is a fun hobby Where people can write about anything they want to. It is also a challenge to make things rhyme. Like finding out what rhymes with thyme. It helps you in your compo And makes you a bit less bodo.
2) Why do we study poetry?
We study poetry to see things with a different perspective.
1) Poetry is ... how you feel , translated into words on paper,like how you feel in everyday life,or you may want to send a message across to another party,or describing something you see/hear/feel/touch/taste/smell,etc... 2) There are many different ways of sending messages, and poetry is one of them.Studying poetry is like studying how to send a message across,and also like using a literature machine too/
1)A few stanzas that rhyme and complement each other devise a poem.It is about expressing your inner feelings and thoughts and penning them down.It flows along a rhythmic language and words do not come out just from the mouth,but it comes deep from the heart.
2)We study poetry to understand the profound words of the stanzas,and to relate to them.Also to express feelings better and also helps to comprehend emotions better.
1) Poetry is a short piece of imaginative writing, of a personal nature and laid out in lines is the usual answer. A good poem is beyond just mere words and should be creative, short, sweet but descriptive on one person's feeling to something or someone. A poem can be created with different types, some can rhyme, some can be like a song.
2) Poem is one of the most powerful literary methods used to convey ideas or opinions. Poem is everywhere which is like a part of a person's life. Feelings can also be expressed through poems, which understands each other better.
Poetry is fun, Poetry is a way to express our feelings, Poetry can be converted into a song, Poetry can sometimes be very chim, Poetry can help us go to sleep, Poetry is literature, Poetry can be love letters. --
We study poetry to learn chim chim words, so that we can improve our english. It also helps to improve our composition skills as it allows us to use chim chim words to express our feelings, which are sometimes needed for writing essays.
1) What's poetry? Poetry is something that is fun, personal and evokes feelings of the one that is reading the poem. It is a important part of English as we learn how to make use of correct words to create a poem that is meaningful or fun to read.
2) Why do we study poetry? Personally, I think we study it just because it is part of our English syllabus. It can be boring when learning it but it may be useful one day when we wish to attract attention or evoke the feelings of the one that is reading the poem. Poetry can be nice and we can use it to make someone who is unhappy happy. For example, we can make good use of the skills that we have acquired when learning poetry and maybe write a meaningful and touching poem to our moms this Mother's day. Poetry to me, is like the most interesting and meaningful part of learning English.
Shakti. I do not like abilash so i do not vote for him. Shakti is much more sensible in his comments then his real self. His comments has made a point in my head so.... SHAKTI ROCKS BETTER THAN ABILASH! Face it abilash. HAHAHA
I agree with Shakti as he actually expressed his answer in somewhat a poem like, to even more stress on the feelings of the poet. He is expressing the meaning of a poem with a poem written by a poet =) --Su En ^-^
I totally agree with Benz as I also think that poetry is the most powerful literacy method of expressing one's feelings or thoughts. I also think that poem is everywhere which is like a part of a person's life. Without poems, life may become a little dull. Poems also helps us to understand the writer better.